Victims of whiplash injury often leave the scene of a car accident without any sign of injury and without even bothering follow up with a medical professional. Although the symptoms of whiplash may be immediate, in many situations people are unaware that they have been injured until onset of pain a few hours or days later. In some cases the effects of whiplash may not last longer than a few days, yet for millions of Canadians each year, whiplash becomes the cause of long term, ongoing pain and disability.
If you have suffered a whiplash injury in a car accident (weather you were partly to blame, or if it was caused by someone else’s careless driving or other negligence) you may be eligible to receive financial compensation. If you are unsure of your rights or have been denied insurance/ accident benefits, call the Scott Furlong Ford whiplash lawyers to learn more about the options available to you.
Common Causes of Whiplash Injuries are:
- Car accidents (the biggest cause of whiplash injuries)
- “Fender Benders” where the victim’s vehicle has been hit from behind, even with very low speed.
- Slips, trips or Falls
- Physical assault
Symptoms of Whiplash include:
- Neck stiffness, pain, or limited movement
- Shoulder stiffness and or pain
- Vision problems
- Weakness or pain in arms
- Back pain
- Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
If you have been injured
- Get prompt and ongoing medical attention for your injuries
- Document and keep records of all visits, appointments, interventions and diagnosis.
Time limits apply, it is important to contact your injury lawyer as soon as possible. Contact the Scott Furlong Ford whiplash injury lawyers today, to determine your eligibility for benefits.