Home Purchase and Sale
Whether it’s the first time or you’ve had some experience, residential homebuyers and sellers have much to think about when buying or selling a home. Although each property and transaction is unique, many factors must be taken into consideration in order to avoid pitfalls.
The Scott Furlong Ford Real Estate Lawyers are skilled in anticipating potential difficulties, which can ward off uncomfortable surprises and heavy financial costs for clients later on. Experts in the complexities of real estate law, Scott Furlong Ford Real Estate Lawyers routinely offer strategic advice to protect clients’ best interests and ensure a timely and hassle free transaction.
As part of the purchase or sale of a property, the Scott Furlong Ford Real Estate Lawyers offer the following services:
- Examination or drafting of purchase and sale contracts
- Discussion on total costs payable on closing as well as ongoing projections for property ownership ie mortgage, interest, taxes, insurance
- Removal of mortgages, liens or debts against the property, making sure required payments are up to date; ie taxes and utilities
- Communicate with bank, insurance company and real estate agents
- Arrange clear title to the new property
- Draft and review rental and lease agreements
- Arrange concurrent timing for funds transfers, financial charges, insurance, taxation, closing dates and final documentation
- When necessary, provide effective conflict resolution, most often out of court
- Provide forceful representation in court when litigation is the best option
Please Call Scott Furlong Ford Real Estate Lawyers whether you have real estate questions or are considering the purchase or sale of a home. (905) 448-4800